(FT - Contract)
Tendo Communications, a San Francisco-based content marketing agency, seeks an associate editor to support a variety of client-facing enterprise technology projects. This is a full-time, contract position.
Duties include writing, editing, copyediting, suggesting ways to present Web content graphically, contributing ideas for leveraging social media channels, maintaining schedules, and organizing projects.
You should have an editorial education and/or background; an understanding of social media and how businesses can leverage it; the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; and a professional, problem-solving attitude. An interest in, experience with and/or passion for enterprise technology issues, products and market segments would be a big plus.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop project schedules, track project progress through the schedule, and draft client scheduling updates each week
- Research tech market, trends, and topics to understand what’s important to the client (messaging) and the client’s audience (solutions)
- Write, edit, and copyedit content, including writing headlines, decks, teasers, blog posts, Tweets, etc., as needed
- Support development of informational graphics and other rich media (video, audio, Flash illustration) components
- Contribute to social media campaigns with suggested Twitter content, Facebook updates, etc.
- Customize all standard Tendo resource documents for the client project; ensure that resources are available as needed in the process schedule
- Minimum of three years of editorial experience; both print publishing and Web editorial backgrounds preferred
- Experience/background/understanding of and enthusiasm for tech-specific markets, products, and topics is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including clear client communication, editorial content editing, copyediting, and social media engagement practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in Word and PowerPoint required (additional experience editing copy in Quark Xpress and/or In Design preferred)
- Independent work style, ability to plan and execute with little direction, and the ability to take initiative is a must
- Ability to meet deadlines, stay organized, and balance multiple project schedules
- Comfortable collaborating with others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of tasks and projects
- Competence with HTML, CSS, XML, and video editing software is a definite plus
How to Apply
Candidates for this position should email a current resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Associate Editor” and your name in the subject line. No phone calls please. We will contact you if we are interested in setting up an interview.
About Tendo Communications
Located in San Francisco’s SOMA district (on the edge of South Park, near AT&T Park), Tendo Communications develops audience-focused customer communications programs in print, on the web, and across social channels. Our work connects our clients with their audience while fostering strong relationships and delivering value.
We are a company of strategic and creative thinkers—seasoned editors, writers, marketers, and designers who know how to develop strategies and create content that resonates with target audiences. We understand how to create and leverage Web, print, and social media to engage audiences and keep them connected.
For more information, see www.tendocom.com.